The Think Orange campaign encompasses nine major initiatives:
1. Expand participation in summer feeding programs (in partnership with the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools and Ezekiel A.M.E. Zion Church).
2. Explore starting a hot meals after-school program for children (in partnership with the Second Harvest Food Bank of NW North Carolina).
3. Add a mid-week farmers market and promote use of SNAP cards at farmers markets (in partnership with Cobblestone Farmers Market).
4. Expand participation in SNAP program (in partnership with Winston-Salem Urban League).
5. Create a food resources web site.
6. Provide fresh food to H.O.P.E. recipients (in partnership with Help Our People Eat).
7. Mayor’s “lunch & learn” roundtable with Winston-Salem corporate leadership.
8. Hold a childhood hunger “summit” to discuss a coordinated city- and county-wide effort to address the issue of childhood hunger in our community.
9. Raise community awareness of hunger and food insecurity.